Farming in Chile
- Chile has about 1,300 blueberry growers, mainly located in central and southern Chile and around 15,601 hectares planted with high bush blueberries.
- CarSol’s Chilean farms are in Chillan, a city located about 400 kms south of the country’s capital, Santiago.
- Chillan has a Mediterranean climate with mild winters, dry and warm summers and precipitations between May and July.
- The replanting of better varieties explain the decrease in the volume performance per hectares of the last seasons.
- During the last seasons, CarSol Chile has replanted part of their farms with higher quality varieties in order to better meet consumer trends and generate diversification.